Keto, or the Ketogenic diet, is a low-carb diet that is high in fat and comes with a moderate serving of protein. It is similar to many famous low-carb and grain-free diets such as Atkins and Paleo but comes with more meat, fish, nuts, oils, butter, eggs, dairy, and non-starchy vegetables.
The diet plan focuses on replacing your body’s carbohydrates with fat, pushing it in a way that burns fat for energy. Usually, your cells use blood sugar derived from carbohydrates to create energy. However, when your body possesses more fat molecules taken from the keto diet, your body starts to burn stored fat, called ketosis.
While it might not work for someone unable to find the perfect balance, it has generated great results for thousands worldwide. Apart from helping you lose weight, the keto diet can help you control hunger, blood sugar, and other related issues. To help you get on the right track, we have listed a few excellent keto diet recipes to help you get started on the ketogenic diet plan.
Cheese Taco Shells
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese – Grated
1 Pound Ground Beef/Chicken
2 Tablespoons of seasoning
1/4 cup water
1) Start by lining a baking sheet on your counter and setting small piles of grated cheese.
2) Set the oven to 350 degrees F, and place the baking sheet in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
3) It’s time to lay down and shape your taco shells.
4) Set the shell on the back of a spoon in mid-air to create shells.
5) Once set, fill your tacos with meats and condiments.
1 pound cauliflower
4 ounces sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
Two tablespoons of chives snipped
Three tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1) Cut cauliflower into small pieces, and microwave them for 5 to 8 minutes.
2) Remove excessive water and blend the cauliflower in the food processor.
3) Add butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and keep processing till they become mashed.
4) Add the remaining ingredients and set them on a baking tray.
5) Top with cheese and let it boil for a few moments.
Salmon Wasabi Burgers
1 pound skinless salmon filet
1 tablespoon fresh ginger – peeled and minced
1/4 cup fresh scallions – finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro – minced
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon lime juice – freshly squeezed
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup wasabi powder
1 tablespoon water
Coconut oil – frying
1) Rinse and pat dry salmon. Once done, cut into small cubes.
2) Combine salmon, scallions, ginger, eggs, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and almond flour.
3) Combine wasabi powder in a small bowl with water.
4) Mix salmon mixture and wasabi paste.
5) Create 2-inch patties and fry in a skillet until golden brown.